A CDS is one who has completed the Certified Divorce Specialists (CDS) Program – a comprehensive training for professionals in various industries who wish to provide better services to their divorcing clients.
The CDS curriculum consists of a specialized communication skills training to help foster a successful and productive professional/client relationship. It also highlights specific legal, financial, mental health, and real estate information that are integral to the divorce process giving the professional a holistic understanding of their clients experience.
What does this mean for Divorcing Clients?
It means that the CDS Alumni has gone above and beyond to make sure they are equipped with unique skills and divorce-specific information to manage a better experience for all parties involved.
- DIVORCE EDUCATED
- MORE RESOURCEFUL
- BETTER PREPARED
Why hire a Certified Divorce Specialist (CDS)?
If you are contemplating, or in the midst of a divorce, make sure you work with professionals who:
- Have a holistic understanding of important legal, financial, mental health and residential implications on the divorce process.
- Are equipped with unique tools to help communicate more effectively with all parties involved.
- Are aware when the many legal, financial, mental health and residential professionals might be needed for your case.
- Have access to fellow CDS Alumni from across the country that can be valuable resources.
- Know the various stages you will be experiencing based on the type of divorce process you have chosen, such as mediation, collaborative or litigation.
- Undersand the implications divorce has on children and are committed to consider their best interest throughout the process.
- Recognize the emotional distress divorce causes and believe in supporting clients with empathy and individualized attention.
- Are consistently connecting with and learning from other divorce professionals to stay up-to-date.