MAKES: 32 SERVINGS
SERVING SIZE: 1 BAR
PREP: 25 MINS
BAKE: 25 MINS 350°F
CHILL: 4 HRS
● Nonstick cooking spray
● 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped, or 1 ⅓ cups milk chocolate pieces
● 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 38 cookies)
● 2 tablespoons sugar
● 6 tablespoons melted butter
● 2 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
● ½ cup sour cream
● ⅓ cup sugar
● 4 tsp liquid red food coloring
● 1 tsp vanilla
● 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. In a medium saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted. Let cool.
- For the crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and the 2 tbsp sugar; stir in the melted butter. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, the ⅓ cup sugar, the red food coloring, and vanilla with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate. Stir eggs. Spread over crust.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours before serving. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars out of the pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars.